- Queen Elizabeth is the for me, and most of England, is the only Queen I have known. Black & white TV, a Queen following the established rituals, Diana not her finest moment, Netflix series, now YouTube 24/7.
** FAST Company and Tix Toc are reporting the trend of "quiet quitting," the practice of not going beyond, of slowing down the pace of progress. Quiet quitting is a response to toxic workplace, an oppressive supervisor, or office not valuing or respecting personal preferences.
- SayWhat? I woke to check over-night news of MSNBC and CNN. Each were reporting on Saturday's college football. Thinking that odd I switched to ESPN, to find Stephen A adding his view of trumpster's home file cabinet and his response of "I forgot." So, ready for a change the same old, same old to a different voice and reporting? Now, that would be fun.....a 2AM dream.
- Sharing stories is a way of Communion, a way of restoring a Soul damaged by the past events, fears, and limitations of past years. Mark Yaconelli writes, "We are relational beings, we need others to become our true selves. Stories are how we put together the broken pieces." This is how Sharing Stories can create healing, bring forth compassion, can be an active part of our healing, whether fireplace, coffee shop, or sharing a park bench with a friend.
** 60 Minutes replayed the profile of Huckabee Architects, an international firm promoting new designs and practices. Their medical clinic in Rwanda proved the importance of healthy air flow, local products, and employment of local workers. Huckabee is now partner with City of Uvalde in the design of new elementary school.
- After watching a news report on electric cars. Beth asked, "Do you think we will ever buy an electric car?" What would be your response? My response, "I hope so, Yes."
** Observation: Subway ads feature known sports talking heads telling us the new Subway subs will improve our lives, make us feel great. Jersey Mike's ads feature the founder saying 20% of sales on Sept, 10 & 11 will be contributed to support teen tennis. Just saying....
- The calendar is turning all of us to fall weather, last months of 2022, already dates waiting for new paper 2023 calendar. How has your 2022 been? More or less than imagined? There is an opportunity to redecide priorities, connections, faces, events, what to start, continue, to let go of. And don't forget daily and family life is about enjoyment, meaning, and extending a hand to someone in need of their own enjoyment and meaning.
Roy, an electric car, really?