- Election Positives: 1) Young voters, many first-time, made an outcome difference in many races. Gen Z voters had high interest in restoring women’s health rights and climate warming. Younger voters talked of “mission and cause” rather than the “Power & Control” of older voters. 2) Black women continued their long heritage of high turn-out and voting their values. Persons with a variety of life-styles and preferences were elected to serve, including a 25 yr old to Congress. In many ways, a return to “the normal.”
** Luby’s Cafeteria closed. Cafeterias were a mainstay for families, elderly, and singles from 1950 – 1980. The tradition of moving a tray down a food line of limited choices lost its place to drive-thru, take out, expanded fast food menus, along with the pace of life 2022. Do you have a cafeteria memory??? Share…..
- US families, schools, and workplaces have experienced 22,000+ gun deaths and 314 mass shootings so far in 2022.
- Strictly enforced gun laws seem to be the key for most nations reporting 6 – 10 mass shootings annually. Regretfully, there are web sites tracking gun deaths by type, nation and year.
**All at once I began receiving 10 -15 spam Comments linked to a blog I published in July. Tim, beloved tech guy, resolved this by requiring name/password to Comment on that blog. I encourage and will respond to all Comments, whether for a Roy The Elder blog or Sunday Letter. The more Comments I receive from Readers, I will know ‘the system” is working.
- Several readers of the Sunday letter did the “encouragement” writing exercise of listing 15 life events, narrow to 5, narrow to 2. Then, each life event written in less than one page. What would your list of 15 be? Your two? Your first half page?
** Highly Recommend a 2019 Netflix movie, Fantastic Fungi. This magical movie showed the role of mushrooms in the diversity and rebirth of the forest, of the benefit of mushrooms in science and the physical anshift emotional health of us all. Enjoy – Learn.
- “I come from a neighborhood where we are told, Don’t Talk About It, Be About It.” Autho: Pitbull
- When younger I sought achievement, buying, building. Later in life I shifted to the higher value of Being. Younger people learn about Being earlier, faster, and apply all the online, mentoring available. Good for the younger!
Roy, Still wanting both Achieving and Being (doesn’t work that way)